California Dream Salad
Serves: 6 to 8
· 2 packages (4 ounces each) mixed baby greens
· 2 California navel oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
· 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
· 1/4 cup sliced California almonds
· 2 tablespoons sugar
· 3 tablespoons warm water
· 1/2 cup Italian dressing
1. Place the mixed greens in a large serving
bowl. Place the orange slices around the edge of the bowl, in a circle. Top with the strawberries and sprinkle with the almonds.
2. In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar in
the water. Add the Italian dressing; mix well.
3. Just before serving, pour the dressing
mixture over the salad; toss well and serve.